Tuesday, February 2, 2010

This week's art class - colour!


Just finished Roz Keep's art class on the island. I haven't drawn anything for about a week so felt out of practice but desperate to start drawing again. I've been having withdrawal symptoms! I have even been dreaming about drawing and creating things. Does anyone else experience this??

Today, we learned all about colours, which I can vaguely remember from art classes about 20 years ago! And while it may seem extremely basic - it is so good for me to learn the absolute basics again otherwise I would cut corners by using paint straight from the tube or pair colours that really don't work together.



And I even managed to squeeze in a little sketch of the fishermen's village. The water is REALLY that colour!


Fishermen's village, ink and watercolour, 2 Feb 2010

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog - following you now! Fantastic sketches - I haven't had much time for drawing lately with all the other business stuff going on - your blog reminds me how much I miss it and need to make time for it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful watercolor sketch. The ink and color look lovely together!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is important to me! Thank you so much for your comment.