Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sketching in the fishermen's village on Lamma


I spent the morning sketching in this colourful fishermen's village on Lamma Island. I can't believe how lucky I am to live so close to this lovely area. Unfortunately it wasn't as warm and sunny as it is in the picture above! It's currently around 12 degrees and very grey and windy.

I'm learning how to do landscapes from the wonderful Roz Keep. I have never drawn landscapes before so it's a bit of a challenge. But I am enjoying learning again. And I love being engrossed in the moment.

We'll be spending the next few weeks at this spot with the aim of providing a collection for the Urban Sketchers website. I'll try to post the results at the end of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is important to me! Thank you so much for your comment.