Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Art class on the island


It was gorgeous today for Roz's sketching class at the fishermen's village, Lamma Island. It's been grey, wet and cold for the past few weeks so it was lovely to sit out and sketch while feeling the sun beat down on us. Even if we still had to keep our big coats on.

My sketch is below. I wanted to try ink for the first time because I have seen so many fantastic ink sketches on the http://www.urbansketchers.com/ blog. Ink is a bit tricky though as it's not very forgiving if you make any mistakes (and I made quite a few).


Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome to me! The bright blue light in the first photography is something I could go for since I'm stuck in a wintered Canada! LOL! The ink drawing is really quite amazing and so is the still life you did too!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is important to me! Thank you so much for your comment.